Top E-bikes to choose when on a Budget
The invention of E-bikes is one of the most amazing technological advancements we have seen so far in the world of bicycles. Since their invention in the 1880s, manufacturers have been reinventing E-bikes from time to time. The modern E-bikes are amazing and way better than the manual bikes. Buying an electric bike is a worthy investment. Unlike traditional bicycles, E-bikes can climb hills efficiently and cover a wider range.
Due to the various models and brands in the market, most people find it challenging to make the right decisions when purchasing E-bikes. There are many questions that you need to ask yourself before making the huge investment of buying an E-bike. These questions should help you to settle for an E-bike that suits your needs best. Affordability is one of the crucial factors that you must apprehend before hitting the road shopping for an electric bike.
E-bikes are a little bit expensive compared to traditional bikes. However, that does not mean that all E-bikes are out of your reach financially wise. You do not have to go out of your budget to get yourself a ride. You can save money on your new bike by getting some of the affordable, yet high-performance bikes in the market.
How to Buy E-Bikes on the Cheap?
A little research at reviews and bike-related articles will land you some interesting results. Apparently, when you say affordable, you definitely mean a bike that won’t cost you anything above $2000. For all those who know the true meaning of the term “affordability,” buying an E-bike for anything less than $2000 sounds really nice.
However, you should understand that not every cheap bike is worth your cash. Being conscious wallet calls out for savviness. A road bike going for $200 might be tempting, but be careful not to find yourself going home with a cheaply made, ultra-heavy, incorrectly assembled or a non-standard bike. Lower-end bike from reputable manufacturers are less likely to disappoint you. The low end-bikes might not be as reliable as those on the high-end, but at least you know where to get your bike’s spare parts in case a replacement is needed.
What to Look Out for When Buying a Bike on a Budget?
The less you intend to spend on something, the more careful you have to be when making the purchase. This is true, especially when shopping for a cheap budget. If you buy sensibly, you will be surprised at how good some cheap bikes can be. On the other hand, making the wrong decision will make you regret.
Having the right information will help you make the right decision when it comes to buying a bike on a budget. Make sure you understand the following before you jump into buying a cheap electric bike:
- Do your research right – It always pays to research before committing into a purchase. If you have any specific manufacturer or model in mind, be sure to jump online and check for some reviews. Also, you will find various articles that summarise the advantages and disadvantages of certain bikes. Pay attention to the information given about the bike’s performances, safety aspects and comfort.
- Buy from a specialist retailer – Shop your E-bike from a specialist retailer as opposed to a general store. Specialist retailers will provide you with a depth of knowledge, helping you to make an informed decision. That way, you end up with better results than just buying blindly from a general store
- Buy from a reputable manufacturer – Cheap items are mostly as a result of being an end of line item. There is nothing wrong with buying the end of line products, especially from large manufacturers who are well- established. Buying a cheap bike from a small manufacturer will give you trouble sourcing for parts or any other support that you might need later on.
- Avoid full suspension – you will be better off without a full suspension electric bike if you have a budget of $600 and less. Cheap suspensions will trouble you and make your ride less enjoyable as compared to riding a bike without suspension.
There is an extensive range of cheap electric bikes in the market. You definitely want your bike to be functional and durable regardless of spending less money on it. Below are top electric bikes that you can get on a tight budget:
Best Electric Bike under £2000
Who said you could not get a high-quality bike for less than £2000? E-bike RLH-022 is a high-performance electric bike that you will get at a fair price of £1,800. The following are key features of the RLH-022 E-bike:
- A brushless high-speed rear motor of 48W and 1000W. It has an LCD monitor that displays the distance covered, battery usage and the speed of the bike.
- It uses a lithium battery of 48V and 17AH. The battery is sealed with a plastic and waterproof case, protecting it from the rain and anything else that could damage it. The bike can cover a range of 50-60 kilometres with a maximum speed of 42km/hr. This feature makes the RLH-O22ideal for long-distance travels.
- The bike has a fat tire which can easily adapt to snow, beach and mountain rides. The bike frame is made of full suspension, and aluminium alloy 6601. It is ideal for riders with a height between 165cm-190cm. The bike can support a weight of 185kg.
- The bicycle shifter has 21 speeds. Riders can easily choose the speed they want. It has a mechanical disc brake meant to protect the riders’ safety when cycling.
- It has a one year warranty that covers the motor and battery
- Can be used for long-distance commuting.
- Ideal bike for all-weather
- It is a fast bike
- The battery has a long life
- The fat tires make it a heavy bike
- Does not accommodate short people
Best Electric Bike under £1000
NCM Moscow Electric Mountain Bike
Driving comes with extra expenses such as the need for petrol, parking charges, insurance and taxes. NCM Moscow Electric Mountain Bike is a cheap bike and yet high quality. Below are key features that will make you want to get this bike:
- Quality components and materials to support the cycling enthusiast. The lightweight aluminium alloy minimises its overall weight, yet maximising the durability of the bike.
- It has Das-Kit X15 rear motor of 250W, which provides the rider with plenty of power to adjust the speed of the bike to meet their needs.
- The bike has V/H Tektro Mechanical Brakes that allows riders to break the bike in case of an emergency instantly.
- Its Schwalbe tires give the bike a firm grip when riding over various terrains.
- It has a USB port that allows riders to charge their phones while commuting
- It is a durable bike
- It is cheap
- The custom Das-Kit x15 increases its overall performance
- It has multiple indicators allowing riders to set the power of the motor and battery
- The USB port is an added utility feature that you many bikes do not have
- The Tektro disc brakes ensure the safety of the riders
- Its high-quality ergonomic grip makes riders comfortable during long rides
- It has motor inhibitor capability on one brake lever. Most bikes have the motor inhibitor on both brakes.
- Wires along the base of the top tube are a bit more exposed
- It weighs 57.5lbs, which is a lot heavier than the weight of an average bike
- The chain has no cover or guard. Riders can easily get their clothes torn up in the chain system
- The battery takes 6-7 hours to charge fully. That is long considering there are bikes with batteries that take only 3-4 hours to charge fully.
- The display panel is not removable. Exposing it to the sun and rain will cause it to wear off quickly.
Best Electric Bikes under £700
Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike
This is a cheap, versatile electric bike for on and off-road biking. If you are looking forward to buying your new bike, you should consider this Ancheer bike. It is affordable, yet of great value. The bike might not have top-quality components, but it is as powerful as some of the most expensive E-bikes. Below are features of this E-bike that might interest you:
- The electric system is equipped with a removable lithium-ion battery of 36V and 8AH. Its high-performance motor can cover a range of 15-30 miles when cycled at the highest speed.
- The high-quality aluminium alloy material makes the frames light, strong and durable. The high strength front suspension fork provides riders with a comfortable ride.
- The mechanical disc brakes have enough stopping power reliable for all weather. The bike has Shimano 21-speed gear to facilitate hill climbing, range variation and terrain adaptability. It had LED lighting and a horn for night riding.
- It has three working modes; normal bike, assisted bicycle and E-bike. Riders can choose the assistance level of their choice easily using the LED 3-speed smart meter button.
- The bike comes with a one year warranty that covers the battery, motor and other parts.
- The battery is removable thus can be charged on or off the bike.
- The aluminium alloy double-walled rims make it a durable bike
- It has a reliable braking system, proving riders with maximum safety regardless of the weather.
- Riders are not limited to day riding. The bike has lighting and a horn, making it suitable for night rides.
- Riders can use a combination of the three modes to pull away from traffic
- The bike is affordable to almost everyone
- The warranty does not cover the frame
- The quality of the components is not the best.